The Youth Advisory Council was established by College Board and DoSomething.org. It is made up of around 90 dedicated students from across the U.S. and abroad, who are passionate about education and improving all the elements of the college planning process to better serve the needs of students from all backgrounds.
Meet the Youth Advisory Council
Who are the Advisors?
- Students in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, or their first year of college.
- Students passionate about improving the college planning process to make higher education more accessible to all young people.
- Students able to commit 30-45 minutes every 2 weeks from Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 (September-June).
What are the committment and expectations?
- Complete 15–30 minute online surveys every other week.
- Participate in two 1-hour Google Hangout discussions during a 6-month period.
- Highly involved members may also be invited to additional opportunities, such as participating in news interviews, serving as a student ambassador at College Board conferences, and being featured on College Board social media.
The application for the 2019-2020 cycle has closed. If you're interested in applying, please check back in August 2020.
Previous Advisors Share Their Experiences
The Youth Advisory Council introduced me to the depth of the College Board as an organization. It allowed me to share my thoughts and experiences, which will be beneficial to other students.
[The Youth Advisory Council] is very hands-on and collaborative which keeps me engaged.